Students enrolling in the Full-time Undergraduate program starting with fall 2017 (and all subsequent semesters) will be billed a mandatory meal plan each semester (Fall/Spring). The meal plan will be assigned in accordance with the student's University residency:
Residential students will be assigned the following plans:
- Freshmen residing in Bergoglio, Merton, Roncalli, Seton, and Toussaint Halls will be assigned the Big Red Plan.
- Sophomores residing in Bergoglio Hall, Christian Witness Commons, Oakwood Gardens, Pioneer Gardens and Scholars Commons will be assigned the Pioneer Plan.
- Juniors/Seniors residing in Oakwood Gardens, Taft Commons and The Ridge will be assigned the Red and White Plan.
- Questions regarding meal plan assignment
- Students enrolled fall 2017 and subsequent terms will be assigned the Jefferson Plan.
- Prior to Fall 2017 students: Commuter meal plans are available for purchase online or at the Student Accounts Office, Lower Level of the Science Wing of the Main Academic Building.
- Commuter meal plans can be added for the Fall Semester until September 10th and during the Spring Semester until January 31st. After the designated dates students can purchase SHU Dollars online or on campus.
University Meal Plan Policies
- Mandatory assigned meal plan will apply to both the Fall and Spring semesters
- Unused swipes do not carry over from semester to semester
- A maximum of $300 dining dollar points will be transferred from Fall to Spring semester
- All unused dining dollars at the end of the Spring semester will be forfeited
- Same meal plan cannot be purchased within the same semester
- 100% Before start of semester
- 80% Before start of 2nd week
- 60% Before start of 3rd week
- 40% Before start of 4th week
- 20% Before start of 5th week
- 0% After 5th week
Meal Plan Details
|Plan||Swipes/Dollars Per Semester||Cost Per Semester||Assignment/Availability|
235 meal swipes
|$2,870||Recommended for athletes & students who dine on campus daily|
|Big Red||150 meal swipes
$850 dining dollars
|$2,405||Mandatory for students residing in Merton, Roncalli, Seton, Toussaint and Freshmen in Bergoglio|
|Pioneer||80 meal swipes
$950 dining dollars
|$1,820||Mandatory for students residing in Christian Witness, Pioneer Gardens, Scholars Commons and Sophomores in Bergoglio and Oakwood|
|Red & White||$1,040 dining dollars||$1,040||Mandatory for students residing in Taft, The Ridge and Juniors/Seniors in Oakwood|
|Jefferson||$250 dining dollars||$250||Mandatory for all commuter students starting fall 2017|
|Black Rock||15 meal swipes
$350 dining dollars
|Park Avenue||7 meal swipes
$180 dining dollars
|Merritt||5 meal swipes
$100 dining dollars
For more information regarding our Meal Plan and Dining services, visit our DineOnCampus website.