María Lizano DiMare, Ed.D.
Dr. Lizano DiMare's research interests include the use of emerging technologies in education, online learning, the development of university-community initiatives, and the infusion of languages within the curriculum. She has worked in Latin America integrating educational technology programs in public and private educational sectors.
Dr. Lizano DiMare's university-community initiatives include the construction of an elementary school in Costa Rica for underprivileged children as well as her participation in the Sacred Heart University student delegation to El Salvador to develop social and economical outreach projects in rural communities. She is fluent in English, French, and Spanish; and also has working skills in German and Italian.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ed.D. Educational Leadership, 1995, University of Hartford, CT.
- M.A. Education Technology, 1992, University of Hartford, CT.
- License: Sciences de l’éducation, Université de Genève, Suisse
- ED 271 Introduction of Computers in Education
- ED 578 Introduction of Computers in Education
- ED 592 Advanced PC Applications in Education: P–12
- ED 599 Emerging Technologies
- ED 642 Special Projects in Education Technology
- EDR620 Utilizing SMART Board Technology K-6
Research Interests and Grants
- Collaborates with CT Inter-district state grants in the area of mathematics and robotics
- Serves as the Board Recording Secretary to Connecticut Education Computing Association - CECA