Pursue a Flexible Health Care Career That Makes an Impact
Gain a comprehensive understanding of the healthcare profession and its many specialties. Create a flexible career path while accomplishing your goals.
Earn Your Bachelor of Science in Health Science
The B.S. in Health Science is designed for students who want to pursue a health-related career or continue on to graduate school to obtain an advanced degree in healthcare.
Through this program, you will:
- Learn to evaluate trends in health care and its systems, policies and environments
- Understand health care inequities and how to prioritize approaches to health care access
- Develop leadership skills for strategic planning and professional management
- Apply epidemiological analysis to health data, and apply biological, cultural and social determinants of health and their effects on health equality
- Identify approaches to health care system diversity and demonstrate cultural competence in personal and professional interactions
- Develop ethical standards, values and attitudes appropriate to health care professionals
Choose the direction that fits your vision.
Students must choose a concentration in Healthcare Administration, Public Health or Global Health. The concentrations are designed to give students an advantage in their education with a well-rounded healthcare curriculum that allows for a choice in concentrating on one of the most desired fields of knowledge in the current healthcare arena.
- Healthcare Administration concentration: Prepares students graduate programs and for administrative practices including supervision, strategic planning, change management, policy and fiscal responsibility
- Public Health concentration: Readies students for a graduate program in public health, professional graduate programs or employment in private and government public health agencies and institutions
- Global Health concentration: Prepares students to thrive in a competitive, globalized healthcare setting, and educates students in global health issues. Students are prepared for graduate programs in public health, global health or professional graduate programs.
- Leadership Track
Students with an associate's degree in a healthcare related field may choose the Leadership Track of study.
Prepare for a variety of careers. Students not wishing to attend graduate programs have opportunities with the Health Science curriculum.
The Health Care Administration concentration prepares students for entry-level roles in:
- Hospital or clinic administration
- Healthcare informatics
- Healthcare finance
- Business administration
The Public Health concentration prepares students for entry-level roles in:
- Health education
- Environmental health
- Public health
The Global health concentration prepares students for entry-level roles in:
- Disaster relief organizations
- International agencies
- Refugee and immigrant organizations
- Multi-lateral agencies or non-governmental organizations
“I have never felt more comfortable reaching out and talking to advisors and professors in and out of class. I credit that as to why I did so well in my classes, it’s because of the environment of the class and the people teaching.”